Wednesday 9 July, 2008

The Traveller’s Song

"In soared paths, I travelled along,
Trying to find the rhythm and song,
The mistiness in the winds talks to me through,
A song of the traveller that is written for me too!

The angles lighting the lamps just before dawn,
Droplets from the petals fall on the ground,
I hear the churning just getting loud,
And then shy away from the lions’ crowd.

It’s the beauty of my journey that’s telling me to,
Wait a little longer; there is a surprise in store for you,
I have smelt the soil and stroked the stream,
I am getting the feeling of the traveler within me.

So scant, yet with time to travel,
Will savour every sight and mile to marvel,
From two different ends we will meet someday,
Share our tales and walk by the bay.

I sing by the trail - the autumn’s song,
Today in this town … and then set my foot on another ground,
The swanky ways of living out of a bag,
And will love even to dwell in a sack.

From the icy mountains to the freshness of white sand,
It’s the glory of the thought,
I want to bury in my hands.

Like me, you have your own song,
Sweet, sour … sometimes loosing ground,
There is a hunger that is oozing all around,
Guess it’s that thirst, which has forgone."

--- Neil Joshi
June 3, 2008

No comments: